the whole gang

the whole gang

Monday, May 11, 2009

living blessed

Those two words standing together take on new meaning. I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful husband, happy healthy kids, a roof over my head, food to eat whenever I am hungry, a God who loves me even though I am undeserving.

I am living (for certain).

I am blessed.

But I am LIVING BLESSED? Am I living my life as if I am blessed? Am I radiating the joy that is evident in one who is truly living blessed? No...most definitely not. I still manage to find something wrong with my life or myself. I often harbor bitterness and envy over these things. Right now, it's like a stain I can't get out of my favorite shirt. No matter how hard I try or how many times I wash it, treat it, pre-treat it, scrub it, it remains...even appears to be getting BIGGER sometimes. It was only today that I realized why it is growing instead of shrinking under my efforts. I am using the WRONG kind of treatments. I am trying to work it out alone. I haven't once asked for advice or help, not truly. So here I am, with my big stain that I just know everyone can see, wanting so badly to seek wisdom and guidance. How does one live blessed? How can I live blessed?

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." ~Psalm 37:4

No comments: