the whole gang

the whole gang

Monday, January 3, 2011

a new year

I have not made any New Year's resolutions this year.  I usually don't...I am one of those statistics you read about.  You know the ones who start out the year strong and have broken most, if not all, of the promises made by February?  I do, however, always set goals for myself and for my family.  I am excited to report that most of our goals were reached last year, and those that weren't have just become goals again this year.  Yes, some of those goals are regarding health and fitness, but they do not involved us killing ourselves in the gym.

2011 is special, however, as it is the first year we have focused the first few weeks on spiritual health.  Our church body has been called to fast together for the first part of the year.  Chris and I have begun the Daniel fast, which is a 21-day fast from meat, dairy, and sugar.  There is more to it than that, and you learn more about it by clicking the links below.  You can begin this fast at any time.  Prayerfully consider joining us and starting your new year off putting God first!

Lifechurch.tv Live First message
Daniel Fast
Daniel Fast blog
YouVersion 21-day Fast reading plan

No comments: