the whole gang

the whole gang

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the enemy

I have now had many days to mull over being led to pray for enemies.  In the days since I first posted about it, much has happened.  Some good.  Some "bad", although I don't feel anything used for God's glory can be called bad...so let's just say less than desirable.  I can say that because I at times choose to stand in opposition of the Lord...I find His will to be....well...less than desirable.  If each of us is honest, we would admit we have all felt this way at one time or another.  But back to the enemy thing...  For a while, I felt guilty for posting about my battle with enemies, but only because there were a couple of souls who felt I was referring to them in particular.  I wasn't.  Initially, I was referring to spiritual enemies...something a little more abstract, even though at times, they do have names and faces.  It just so happens that shortly after that, I had to fight a spiritual battle.  My enemy, even then, wasn't the person with whom I had conflict, but Satan.  After all, he is the one sent to steal, kill, and destroy...not the flesh and blood used as his vessel.  He was whispering to me that I am not and will never be good enough to walk in the forgiveness for which the Lord sacrificed his only son.  Everyone but you, I could hear him saying.  Everyone but you is worthy.  Wouldn't it be sweet retribution for the great adversary of humanity if I were to actually believe such rubbish?  Praise the Lord that I did not listen to those lies for long.  It was only when I remembered who I truly am in Christ that I was able to gain perspective and focus for this particular part of my prayer life.  I commit to continual prayer over the enemy...whomever it may be.

No comments: