the whole gang

the whole gang

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

focusing update

About a year ago, we got a new mattress...a memory foam one.  Immediately, it made me hot all night long, but it was bearable because I knew that would come to an end once Bayleigh was born.  I wasn't prepared for the ginourmous indentation that would be made by my body in the mattress, however.  And now, the impression is causing my back to hurt, and I don't sleep comfortably...ever.  I have endured several months of feeling this way until we finally decided to make good on the mattress warranty and have it replaced.  Hallelujah!  But until the new mattress arrives, I am sleep-deprived.  Sleep-deprived and hungry doesn't make for a good mommy, wife, or student.  I had a hard time concentrating in class on Monday, and my fuse has definitely been a little short.

Well...fasting isn't easy.  In a way, I feel as if I have failed...if it weren't for the near immediate answers I received.  I had a really good first day, as I spent a great deal of time praying.  I have definitely felt divine prompting over the last couple of days. And I have seen it manifesting in my family as well...in both good and bad ways.  I'm convinced it has been more the attitude of prayer than the day of fasting...after all, I didn't get too far past the feeling of hunger!  I am committed to prayer until I can devote myself to fasting once again.  Praying for tomorrow to be that day!

Thank you friends for your support!

No comments: