the whole gang

the whole gang

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

growing up

I can not believe it has been nearly a month since I last posted!  WOW!  The time has been filled with getting the older four kiddos started in school and me starting back to school as well.  What a great year it is going to be all the way around!  All four of the kids got fantastic teachers, but I can't imagine otherwise at their amazing school!  We are so blessed to live in the district we do!

Each year on the first day of school, I take pictures of the kids on our front steps.  We have now lived in this house for three years, so I have had the chance to take pictures of them at the beginning of FOUR different school years in the same place!  What a great way to see how much they have grown.  Just check it out ...

So, there is a patch of mortar on the brick at Cam's ear in the first picture. In the second picture, the patch is just below his shoulder. Caleb and I calculated that Cameron had grown 4 bricks in 3 years!

2nd and 5th grades


Caleb has grown 3 bricks.
Kindergarten and 3rd grade


Carleigh has grown just under 3 bricks.
pre-K and 2nd grade

Bella was only 15 months old and just learning to walk when the older kids started school in 2007 (this is her the day they started school),
but she began the tradition of getting her picture taken this year!
She's taller than Carleigh was when she started pre-K!

So fun to see how they have grown!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL family!! What a great idea! Miss all of your faces!!

Tandamaguire said...

Awesome way to see their growth! Beautiful kids and beautiful pictures!