the whole gang

the whole gang

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

the fine art of napping

***update***9.4.08 Bella napped yesterday and today...and went down pretty easily, too! BONUS!

Um, yeah. Napping? Whatever happened to two-year-olds who nap? I have one of those...you know, two-year-olds. She's great...really. But not when she misses her nap. You see, I believe there is an art in napping, especially in a napping two-year-old. It's not so much that it's an art for her...but for me. It's an amazing event. She goes down for her nap, and there is a never-ending silence in the house. It is one only experienced during nap time. Truly beautiful if you have never experienced it. We have had the pleasure of witnessing artful napping for a couple of years now (would make sense given that our two-year-old is, well, a couple of years old). But in the past couple of weeks, that nap has become rather elusive. I so took for granted it's beauty before. Now, however, I NEED for that glorious wonder to return so that I can STUDY. Forget getting the laundry done anymore. Oh please, oh please, nappy return to me.

No comments: