the whole gang

the whole gang

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

jesus and chocolate

What is it about chocolate that makes you have to eat it until it's gone? If it is in my house, I will eat it...and not in moderation, mind you. I just can't get enough. And did I mention how incredibly happy it makes me?

Hmmm...could this possibly be the reason I bounce back and forth between the same 5 pound weight loss or gain? Another discussion perhaps.

All this happy choco binging reminds me of a time not so long ago that I binged on something else that made me deliriously happy...God's word. I couldn't get enough of it. I was constantly hungry for more. I read and read and read and read. I memorized powerful verses that I knew would help me fend off any spiritual attacks and I was excited to share with anyone who would listen...especially my kids! My excitement for what I learned was contagious, and in them grew a desire to know more, too! It was AWESOME. Even when life placed irritating pebbles in my shoe, I felt His presence and knew it was as it should be. So, what happened? I just don't know. What an incredibly complicated answer, right? I do not know why I no longer devour the word of our Lord as if I were starving. It must have happened slowly, as I don't recall an abrupt halt. My fire is still burning (or rather, flickering), and I crave God's word...but I am not starving for it any longer. How do I get back to that place? I want to be there again.

Hmmmm...oh, how I wish I were wiser and had more of the answers already.

No comments: