Today, I finished my first 5k...my first running race...ever. I was excited going into it, expecting to treat it as any other of my three weekly runs. But it wasn't just one of my normal weekly runs. It was 80 degrees and in the middle of the afternoon...hardly any wind and not a cloud in the sky. At 2:00pm the start gun went off, and it took what seemed like an eternity to even cross the starting gate. My place in the crowd left me feeling trapped, as the masses made their way along. Halfway through the race, I tired of the weaving and bobbing that came with passing people and decided just to settle in and run instead. I was ready to give up in all honesty. I suddenly missed the cold mornings I had grown so accustomed to running in. Though I finished the race in 35 minutes (slower than normal for me), it felt like an eternity before I crosssed the finsh line. This is the first time in the two months since I started running that I have been discouraged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment