the whole gang

the whole gang

Sunday, March 28, 2010

because we are not promised tomorrow

So, today I was browsing through my photos stored on photobucket.com when I came across this one. This is me and Cam on his first day of kindergarten...over half his life ago. It made me realize how quickly the past 5 years have passed and how my little boy has grown into a young man. I was reminded of how during this time of his life, he wanted to marry me and live with me forever. Gone are the days where he says such things, but I know that he still wants me to be a big part of his life. He still wants to spend time with me, to be the center of my attention. I know that all too soon those days are going to be gone and that I must soak them up now. So this week and moving forward, I am making a commitment to my big guy (and all of my children) to enjoy the little moments, to put aside what I have going on to give of myself. I don't know entirely what that looks like yet. I want it to be special and memorable for them. I do know that today, they are asking. Tomorrow, they won't be.


No comments: