the whole gang

the whole gang

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

run update

So, the Saturday workout wasn't as bad as I built it up in my mind to be. I wasn't terribly impressed with my final results, but I ran a continuous 20 minutes without stopping! With my walking, I went a total of 3.52 miles and had a time of 14'11" per mile. There were steeper uphill climbs than I am used to...I joined the Running Buddies group in town instead of making my usual trek through the neighborhood. It was nice to experience some new scenery.

It was hard to get out of bed for this morning's run. I had a sweet snuggly five month old baby laying next to me, and she totally wanted me to stay with her. I know...she told me. ;) But I obediently put her back in her bed, where she smiled big as day at me, and then went back to sleep. So, it's dark again for our early run. :( I was getting very used to being able to see everything around me. It's a good thing I have running partners...I'm totally afraid of the dark! Today, we warmed up for a brisk 5 minute walk, ran 5 minutes, walked 3 minutes, ran 8 minutes, walked 3 minutes, ran 5 minutes, and cooled down for 5 minutes. With all that walking, you'd think we would have had a slower mile time, but we were at 13'09". It was awesome! I was stiff in the beginning, but loosened up and felt great for the last half. I came home and forced myself to do some sit-ups. My ab muscles are so weak from the C-section still. :(

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Great Job!! I'm not sure if you ever saw my comment for your last post. I wanted to encourage you, but may not have done it correctly because I don't see it. Oops! I'm not great at blogging, yet! Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog during our giveaway last week and keep up the good work running!

I'm sad that it is dark again in the mornings, too! ;)

Buffy said...

Ha...it was me. I use comment moderation so that I don't get unwanted stuff. I just hadn't done my job! Thanks for the encouragement...I totally need it, so don't apologize for it! :)