Saturday, March 20, 2010
the worst one yet
So, here we are at the first day of spring. Considering all the beautiful weather we have been having, one would think we would be starting off with one of those 65-70 degree days. But no...it rained all night and has snowed all day. I walked out into the snow at 9:30am to several inches of the white stuff. It would have been beautiful if the falling snow wasn't whipping right into my face, thanks to the 20mph winds. So, that's how I started off my 35 minute run this morning. I started out running, mostly because I wanted to warm my body quickly. And I just kept running...the whole 35 minutes. To say that it felt great would be a lie. It hurt. Raising my legs up out of the snow during my stride was more work than the sand/gravel I had to endure at my parent's house a few weeks back. I ended up running 3.28 miles in just under 33 minutes for a 9:55 minute mile average. I was shocked, but happy that my misery was rewarded with that. During the last 15 minutes of my run, I was in constant prayer. I prayed mostly that I would just make it through the rest of my workout...run OR walk. But I also prayed for the Lord to release me from my own pride, especially if that was what was driving me to be out on such a frigid morning. My time with God seemed to make the time go faster, and I ended my run exhausted but peaceful. I laugh now because I no longer have an excuse not to get out of bed to run in the morning. Perhaps I should have just skipped this one. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment