Yesterday, I was called to pray for my "enemies". Today, I understand why. I got smack dab in the middle of a war, and I wasn't prepared. You see, my whole heart wasn't in it. It's that usual mindset I entertain of having it all under control. My own words are just fine...afterall, my intentions are good. Right? Wrong, was I...yet again. By the standards of the world, my words were probably fine. But by the standards I have committed my life to...I fell exceedingly short. I am humbled to say the least. My prayer for the rest of the day...and possibly for several days or weeks to come is to ask Him to help me to die to myself. I know that I have not completely surrendered it all to Him. There are pieces of my life that I have chosen to keep all to myself...as if He does not already know about them!
Lord, please forgive me for my disobedience and for not allowing your words to flow through me as I fought my spiritual battle. Forgive me for fighting so hard against being broken. Help me to see brokenness not as a sign of weakness, but as a path to great wisdom and strength. Give me the words to say under the most difficult of conditions. Let me be a light to even those who oppose me.
"Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother." 2 Thessalonians 3:15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment