the whole gang

the whole gang

Friday, May 21, 2010

a new day

It is so frustrating that I have made the board private.  I feel like somewhat of a coward for doing so.  Yesterday, however, someone used the words I wrote here to hurt me.  Here is what was said,

"You weren't prepared for the war.
You started this war and every problem.
Pray harder for your enemies cuz you are your worst enemy!!!!"

I wish I could say that this type of behavior was atypical for them, but it is not.  This is the same person who told me and my sweet husband that we are going to hell when we got married and ridiculed our innocent firstborn, Bella.  Those of you who know me best know that I am probably overly sensitive.  :)  For that reason, I shy away from confrontation...most of the time at my own expense.  It stirs a pot of bitterness in my heart that is very difficult to control.  This person is right then, I truly am my worst enemy.  Aren't we all?  Point out something less obvious.  I won't apologize for being sensitive.  That is one of the qualities I like best about myself.  This sensitivity allows me to have more grace for others that I might not have otherwise.  It puts me in a position to understand others and to pray for them, even if they have wronged me.  I am in the midst of a battle for certain.  Rest assured, it is not one I have brought on myself.  It is one I have chosen to begin, however, to preserve my family.  It may rock our world.  I am prepared because I didn't make the decision hastily.  I sought wise counsel first.

Lord, let your words be my words.  Let your thoughts be my thoughts.  Let my hands be your hands.  If I am called to fight, arm me with these things first.  Help me to lay down my pride and selfishness to preserve what you have called blessed.

Today, I leave you with scripture...

"My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, He is my stronghold, my refuge and my saviour - from violent men you save me.  I call to the Lord who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies."  2 Samuel 22:3-4

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord."  Pslam 31:24

3 comments:

Kim said...

Yuck. Sorry you are dealing with this. YES! We are all our own worst enemy. This person seems toxic. Try your best to avoid them sister. I'm praying for you!

Heather said...

Wow. I figured something must have happened but I would have never thought THAT nasty! You are right when you say your "enemies" need prayer. People that can behave that way are in a lot worse shape than they let on! Keep your head up and I am proud of you!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Lots of prayers Buffy for you and your family!! God has the power to make all things right and I will pray for that power to be at work in your life!